Relentless

I am like a train, racing toward a brick wall,

like an icicle, hanging as the April sun rises.

 

I am like a male mosquito, just transitioned from pupa to adult,

like a toy, cracked irrevocably by a joyous child.


I am like a board game missing half its pieces,

like a sun preparing to go supernova.


I am like a child watching the approach of devastating environmental change,

like a puddle of water as the sun rises in the Sahara.


I am like a mouse as an owl catches it in its claws,

like a staple as it is removed from a piece of paper.


But if I can, I become,

a block of wood,

a river,

or a kernel,

and smile.

 

Recent:

Among Us: Resuscitated by the Pandemic and Murdered by its Abatement

Relevant:

The Trial of Unemployment: Part II

What's Left From Here to There

Lewis' Song

Comments