- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Back in 2016, when I started Awkward Mixture on Google Blog, I had recently played or replayed Mount & Blade: Warband on the recommendation of my brother. As I played I wondered; which nation has the best soldiers? And then a further question: what was the best possible army from each nation’s soldier types? I wondered this same question when I played Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, but each nation had a greater variety of units. I gave up on the test.
This article was moved in 2026, lightly edited, to my Substack.
Please follow this link to the revised article
Comments
"Khergit doesn't have three types of units (archer, cavalry, and infantry). They only have two types of cavalry.". False. A khergit tribesman can be an archer troop.
ReplyDeleteSure, Khergit Tribesman "sometimes" appear with a hunting bow, but I wasn't counting them for this exercise, because they are the base unit for the Khanate. For these articles, I was only considering the elite soldiers for each nation. The Khanate only has two, the Khergit Lancer (melee cavalry) and the Khergit Veteran Horse Archer (ranged cavalry).
Delete